Sometimes it’s hard to find a fulfilling experience in a place you love when you’re surrounded by millions of tourists. And as Colorado’s booming tourist industry continues to grow, you might wonder if it’s even possible to find a place you can take in the beauty and excitement of Boulder without fighting a crowd.
Fortunately, Boulder has a myriad of options that rarely enter the typical tourist’s radar. So if you’re an intrepid enough explorer, check out some of these great crowd-free destinations in the Boulder area!
Go Out into Nature
Experiencing the great outdoors of the Boulder, Colorado area is one of the surest ways to escape the large throngs of people populating the city proper during the summer months. Here are some of the best destinations for your consideration:
- The Flatirons are some of the majestic mountains you could hope to visit in this part of the United States.
- Eldorado Canyon State park has been named one of the best state parks in America by Outside magazine.
- Visit one of the oldest working cattle ranches in the country at MacGregor Ranch.
- Beat the heat with a perfect sightseeing adventure at Boulder Falls in Boulder Canyon off Highway 119.
- For avid hikers, some of the less-frequented trails near Boulder, CO include Sullivan Gulch, Crosier Mountain, and Storm Mountain.
The prime real estate for exploring and taking in the awe-inspiring sights, smells, sounds, and solitude of Boulder, Colorado’s natural landscape simply cannot be beat!
Visit Hidden Local Gems
If you’re looking to spend time indoors without bumping shoulders with hundreds (or thousands) of others, Boulder, CO is home to countless secret spots to enjoy at your leisure, including:
- The Fiske Planetarium
- CU-Boulder Natural History Museum
- The enormous variety of Boulder, CO restaurants and events that attract only the more discerning locals
- Local bookstores like the Innisfree Poetry Bookstore & Café
- Coffee shops like the Unseen Bean Café
- Teahouses like The Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse
- And for fans of craft breweries, there are far too many to mention in one blog!
We hope these promising destinations have piqued your interest! If you have any comments or thoughts on this article, feel free to let us know, or contact us if you want us to assist you with real estate or luxury properties in the Boulder, CO area!