Our team is safe, but our Boulder realtor group is devastated for our friends and neighbors who lost everything in the fire.
The damage and destruction caused by the Marshall fire has left our beloved Superior and Louisville communities unrecognizable and nearly 1,000 homes and businesses are gone.
Many of you have been reaching out looking for ways to help. Right now, Burgess Group | Compass Boulder real estate agents believe that donating money DIRECTLY to families is the best way to offer support.
We’ve gathered information, resources, and links to donate to these families on our blog. We’ll be updating this as the needs of victims and the bandwidth of our community changes over the next few weeks.
If you or your family could use financial support during this time, please reach out to us directly.
All Boulder County realtors send their love and strength to you all!
Donate Directly To A Family Through GoFundMe
Donate To The Compass Agent Fund Through GoFundMe
- The Compass Boulder realtor community has formed a council that will determine the best way to use the funding, whether giving directly to foundations or to specific people and families in need of immediate assistance with housing, supplies, or money.
- If you know of families or certain organizations in need please submit information using this form
Downtown Boulder’s Comprehensive List of Ways To Help
- To donate shelter, food, materials, or services, you can do so by visiting the Boulder County Office of Emergency Management’s donation page.
- The Boulder County Community Foundation has set up a donation link to raise funds for ongoing community needs as Superior, Louisville, and all affected communities grapple with the damage from the fires.
- Register for Volunteer Opportunities through the Colorado Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management Department of Public Safety.
- Donate through the Red Cross, here or by texting REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10.
- If you’re the owner of an Airbnb, you can sign up to offer temporary shelter to those affected by the fires. Learn more here.
- Boulder County Fire Lost and Found Pets – Facebook group for lost and found animals from the Boulder County fires.
- University of Colorado has set up a Student Emergency Fund and Staff & Faculty Emergency Fund to make financial donations.
- BVSD partners at Impact on Education are gathering donations for BVSD families impacted through their Critical Needs Fund and will be prepared to help students, schools and staff affected by the wildfires.
- Jones+Co has teamed up with the Red Cross to collect a donation list of large furniture items. If you have beds, mattresses, living room furniture, desks, etc. to donate, please email Paulina Schiliro ([email protected]).
- The Sink (1165 13th St.) will donate 10% of all sales Wednesday (January 5) through Tuesday (January 11) to The Community Foundation’s Boulder County Wildfire Fund.
- Bring a gift card of $20 or more (Target, Walmart, Costco, grocery stores, restaurants) to Ben and Jerry’s Boulder (1203 Pearl St.) and they will give you a free kids scoop! They will then attach free cone coupons to each gift card and get them to an organization distributing to displaced families or those they know in need!
Donate Goods or Services
- If you have donations of goods, services or money, the Boulder Office of Emergency Management asks you to fill out this form: https://www.boulderoem.com/emergency-status/?fbclid=IwAR04YiSY3G6wG-mUQ5jCIP4L7iitdJp9doTCyte45PxeRQxfbkkmkQPadL8
- Boulder OEM Call Center: 303-413-7730
- Follow the YMCA of Northern Colorado for updates on what supplies are needed at their shelter for evacuated animals. Needs may include blankets, pillows and dog and cat food: https://twitter.com/YMCANOCO
- Animal Rescue Request Form: https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/add48738c8fa4ace846f3a9e3d3a5dd1
- Boulder OEM asks anyone who is able to offer shelter to people displaced to sign up to be a vetted host at Airbnb.com: https://www.airbnb.com/for-airbnb-org/how-to-host
- The Community Foundation of Boulder has set up a fund for people who want to donate – Boulder Country Wildfire Fund: https://www.commfound.org/grants/get-grant/Boulder-County-Wildfire-Fund
- The Salvation Army has a link for those who wish to donate money: https://westernusa.salvationarmy.org/intermountain_us_west/
- Donate money to American Red Cross by texting “REDCROSS” to 90999, which will benefit local chapters responding to the fires.